Become a Member
We researched all of the main art platforms out there and listened to people’s frustration with them. We then put our heads together to come up with what we think is a really great, inclusive, art platform, specifically for all things art in Yorkshire and the North. Profit is not our ultimate goal, but first and foremost is our desire to truly celebrate, support and raise the visibility of all the wonderful artists, galleries and art companies that exist in this gloriously creative region.
Pay What You Can
We are so passionate about supporting art in Yorkshire and the North, that we don’t ever want money to be a barrier to joining us. For that reason, you decide what to pay based on your financial circumstances at the time of joining and if your circumstances change, you’re free to lower (or raise!) your contribution whenever you like.
All profits go back into promoting art in the Yorkshire region so we do ask that you contribute as much as you can. You can choose to make a monthly or an annual payment and you let us know the price that feels affordable to you and if you can’t afford to contribute right now then don’t worry.
We are an inclusive platform and want you involved so please join us.
Take a few moments to reflect on the reality of your financial situation and check in with what you feel you can afford. You can pay any amount you wish, but below are some helpful guidelines:
- £2 a month might work well for you and be what you’re minimally able to contribute right now.
- £5 a month helps us get closer to a sustainable revenue point.
- £10 a month helps us move closer to break-even
- £25 a month really helps us to move beyond break even and to cover our costs.
- £50 a month is really generous and massively helps us to reinvest in our business, as well as helping others become members who otherwise might not be able to afford it. It also allows us to expand our reach and the support we can offer to our members.
What you get
A full profile on our website
- Which you can update yourself (not tech savvy? Don’t worry we’ll train you up or do it for you!)
- Your profile has space for you to share and sell artwork and prints, detail any events or exhibitions you have going on and showcase yourself and your work.
Inclusion in our Magazine and Yorkshire Art Exhibitions
- As a member, you will be listed in every issue of our North Art magazine.
- You’ll also get the opportunity to exhibit in North Art exhibitions held throughout the year.
- Opportunity to exhibit your work in our North Light gallery in Chapel Allerton.
Promotion on social media
- Whatever you are up to in the world of art, just let us know and we’ll promote it across all of our media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, blog, newsletter and on our website)
If you pay £10 a month or more:
- At a time convenient for you we’ll arrange for our resident art journalist to conduct an over the phone interview about you and your work/business, which we’ll feature on our website and promote it far and wide.
- We’ll also come and take high quality images of you in your workspace (or your business if you’re not an artist) to accompany the piece we’ll write up for you.
- A full feature of you in a forthcoming issue of the magazine.