What is North Art?
In a nutshell we are a growing team of artists and art lovers, dedicated to raising the profile of artists, galleries and all things art in the North.
We do this primarily in 5 ways:
- The Northern Art platform: We are an online space for artists to sell and promote their work and for galleries to share details of and promote exhibitions. Our website is also the go to place for all the latest news and information on the Northern art scene. Through the site, we also offer a number of services for artists such as web design and printing.
- At our gallery: We have an amazing space in Chapel Allerton Leeds, Northlight Arts Centre which members are welcome exhibit at.
- A Bi Yearly North Art Magazine: where we feature established and emerging artists plus other interesting and relevant articles for artists and art lovers alike.
- Pop-up Exhibitions: throughout the year, we organise pop-up exhibitions in exciting venues around the North, to which we invite our members to attend and exhibit at.
- Marketing and communications: We have been working in the arts and creative industries for over two decades and have developed a substantial list of connections. Our team also has decades of combined experience in journalism, media, PR, photography and communications which we put to good use on your behalf by promoting you and your art via email campaigns, blogs, social media promotions and interviews among other things.
How do I get involved?
There are various ways to get involved in North Art, depending on your needs.
Become a Member: If you are an artist, gallery or art related company, you can become a member which gives you an online profile on our site, as well priority consideration for the magazine, exhibitions and marketing and comms support. Want the full details of what it means to be a member? Email us or check out the website for the full low down.
Become a Sponsor: We refuse to allow our platform to become overrun with adverts but we do have select spaces on the website for relevant and art-related sponsors.
Become a volunteer: Not an artist but want to work in the arts? We have several volunteering opportunities for people interested in gaining experience working in the arts.
Want to get involved? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help.
Who is behind North Art?
North Art was founded by local artist and businessman, Tim Miller. With over 20 years experience of working in the creative industry and a passionate artist in his spare time, Tim saw a serious lack of support for artists in the Yorkshire region and decided to do something about it.
As an artist himself, Tim knows only too well the struggle that many artists face. With often extortionate commission rates, limited exhibition opportunities and a lack of access to media and promotional opportunities, Tim realised that there was a very real need to provide a space and support for talented artists struggling to get the recognition and revenue they deserve from their work.
Since creating North Art back in 2017, the team has steadily grown to include journalists, web developers, writers and a dedicated Member Support Manager.
Still got questions?
If you are still wondering if you should join North Art or if you just want more information please get in touch by emailing email@example.com, we would love to hear from you.